As part of the ongoing 90th year of the Byrd Theatre celebration, the latest update to continue to show the Byrd Theatre as fresh and relevant as ever, is the creation of the new ByrdTheatre.org website.
The new site is a unified destination for all things Byrd Theatre. Some of the key features the Byrd Theatre is particularly excited about are:
- A modern, refreshed appearance optimized for desktop, mobile and tablet users with improved legibility and navigation.
- Enhanced visibility to our sponsors and partners.
- Integrated online ticket purchasing for all official Byrd Theatre showings and events, as well as links to community event partners.
- Clear ways to support the Byrd Theatre Foundation.
- Advanced website security and monitoring to better encrypt and product user data and their online ticket purchases and donations.
- Improved website accessibility for screen readers, translators and assistive-access devices.
Ted Haynes, President of the Board of Directors shared, “Our new site better represents who we are as an organization and also ensures our consumers have a great experience on the website so they get what they are looking for easily.”
The Byrd Theatre worked with Antimatter Co. to design and build this new and improved website. “We built the new website in a way that better serves the Byrd’s community, provide easier options for visitors to support the Foundation, and empower the Byrd Theatre & Foundation’s staff and board to do more while saving time and budget in the process.” explained Chris Fullman, Antimatter Co.’s Founder & Technology Director.
Along with the new website comes a newly designed weekly showtimes email as well.