Careers at the Byrd Theatre
FRONT OF HOUSE TEAM MEMBER - Part Time
The Byrd Theatre Foundation is seeking Front of House Team Members to work at the historic Byrd Theatre is Carytown. The Byrd Theatre Foundation is a non-profit organization. We pride ourselves with creating a family like work environment where you will see management and Board leadership joining in to ensure a successful movie experience for our patrons. If you are looking for a fun, high-energy work environment where you are appreciated, we would love to talk with you.
As a Front of House Team Member, you will be interacting with and responsible for ensuring a positive experience for our patrons. You will need to be quick on your feet, enjoy talking with people and have a polite and friendly attitude. Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us ensure our patrons have a positive experience and look forward to returning. Starting hourly wage: $12.
Duties to Include but not limited to:
- Welcome patrons into the building
- Ensure a high quality of customer service
- Sell tickets in box office
- Sell food, drink, and merchandise at the concession counters
- To be the point of contact for customer enquiries
- To ensure the front of house area always looks presentable and tidy
- Work with fellow team members to clean theatre after each performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on a POS system such as Square
Front of House Team Members report directly to the Front of House Manager.
If interested, please send resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected] or fill out the form below and attach your documents.
- Ingesting new films into our movie server.
- Testing films for correct aspect ratio, resolution, and appropriate audio levels before all shows.
- Operation of house lights and lobby music throughout the shift, adjusting as needed.
- Testing all audio channels for issues at the beginning of each shift.
- Playing pre-show ads (slideshow and or/video) at the appropriate time.
- Operation of the follow spotlight for pre-film organ shows.
- Keeping the Projection booth a clean, organized, safe work environment.
- A love of film and attention to detail.
- 2 years A/V experience
- Knowledge of various video codecs
- Previous experience with digital projection and knowledge of the modern DCP workflow is a plus
- Experience with film projection (16mm or 35mm) is a plus
If interested, please send resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected] or fill in the form below and attach your documents.
The Byrd Theatre Foundation embraces a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that empowers anyone from anywhere to be successful in our organization. We strive to provide an environment that is enriching to all by understanding and appreciating our dimensions of diversity, becoming global citizens, and welcoming new ways of engaging the unique contribution of all people.
Help support The Byrd Theatre's commitment to expand the big screen experience, celebrate the art of cinema, and preserve Virginia’s grand motion picture palace.