Careers at the Byrd Theatre
Front of House Team Member
The Byrd Theatre Foundation seeks valued Front of House Team Members to work at the historic Byrd Theatre in Carytown. The Byrd Theatre Foundation is a non-profit organization. We pride ourselves with creating a family like work environment where you will see management and Board leadership joining in to ensure a successful movie experience for our patrons. If you are looking for a fun, high-energy work environment where you are appreciated, we would love to talk with you.
As a Front of House Team Member, you will be interacting with and responsible for ensuring a positive experience for our patrons. You will need to be quick on your feet, enjoy talking with people and have a polite and friendly attitude. Your ultimate goal will be to provide high-quality service that will help us ensure our patrons have a positive experience and look forward to returning. Must be 21+ as we serve beer and wine. This position is paid at $14/hour.
Duties to Include but not limited to:
· Welcome patrons into the building
· Ensure a high quality of customer service
· Sell tickets in box office
· Sell food, drink, and merchandise at the concession counters
· To be the point of contact for customer enquiries
· To ensure the front of house area always looks presentable and tidy
· Work with fellow team members to clean theatre after each performance
· Other duties as assigned
· Ability to lift 30 lbs.
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time
· Ability to work on a POS system such as Square
Front of House Team Members report directly to the Front of House Manager.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The Director of Development will lead The Byrd Theatre Foundation’s (BTF) annual development strategy and work collaboratively with the Executive Director, Development Committee, and staff in an effort to raise diverse, sustainable philanthropic contributions for the mission and programs. The successful candidate will be a creative, self-starter with a background in development, marketing and/or philanthropy. This individual will be ready to build on an existing development program with an eye for expanding and diversifying unrestricted revenues to support and grow our programs.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development will be responsible for leading the creation and execution of the Byrd Theatre Foundation’s Annual Fund plan (e.g. individual, foundation, corporate, events) ensuring its congruence with the Strategic Plan. The Director of Development will oversee identification, cultivation and stewardship of gifts and gift processing, expanding a recurring giving program with special focus on individual members and expanding peer-to-peer fundraising. It is the Director of Development’s responsibility to keep detailed records in the database (DonorPerfect) and develop and maintain ongoing relationships with funders. The Director of Development will be the lead staff for the Development Committee.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 7+ years working in development in the nonprofit sector and/or philanthropy with successful record of identification, cultivation, stewardship of gifts $5k+ from individuals and corporations, and foundation grant writing/reporting/management
- Knowledge and experience in Planned Giving is preferred but not required if you are willing to learn
- CFRE preferred
- Excellent knowledge and use of CRM (Salesforce, Blackbaud, Raiser’s Edge, DonorPerfect, e-Tapestry, etc.)
- View technology as a valuable tool
- Detail-oriented including exceptional time management
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with BTF’s constituencies and staff
- Independent and team-oriented
- Willing to take initiative
- Superior writing and communication skills including public speaking to small and large groups
- Think creatively and strategically about fundraising strategies, donor relations, stewardship and opportunities to grow services through donor engagement
- Enthusiastic storyteller
- Willingness to speak with (potential) donors with confidence and humility; engage BTF board and committee members as appropriate and necessary with donor meetings
- Commitment to Association for Fundraising Professionals’ Code of Conduct
(https://afpglobal.org/ethicsmain/code-ethical-standards) and Donor Bill of Rights
- Proficiency with MS Office 365
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and area travel needed
- Hybrid and flexible work schedule; willingness to work some evenings and/or weekends, as needed
- Ability to:
- Exercise essential discretion and maintain confidentiality of all matters at all times.
- Execute multiple tasks while responding to varying priorities, with efficiency, flexibility, and superior attention to detail.
- Work independently and as part of team to plan, organize and manage complex initiatives and planned and emergent projects without detailed instructions.
- Implement, track, and monitor activities in an organized fashion.
- Use tact and diplomacy when dealing with the needs, problems and concerns of staff, external stakeholders and the public.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, Board and committee members, funders, stakeholders, community groups and other related agencies and organizations.
Salary: Hiring range: $65,000 - $75,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Health benefits (62% employer paid), Dental, vacation and sick time, paid Holidays
How to apply:
To apply for the position: Send your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] with “Director of Development” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a ‘rolling basis’ until the position is filled. Due to the high volume of anticipated applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Byrd Theatre Foundation embraces a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion that empowers anyone from anywhere to be successful in our organization. We strive to provide an environment that is enriching to all by understanding and appreciating our dimensions of diversity, becoming global citizens, and welcoming new ways of engaging the unique contribution of all people.
Help support The Byrd Theatre's commitment to expand the big screen experience, celebrate the art of cinema, and preserve Virginia’s grand motion picture palace.