While attending the Byrd absolutely helps keep the theatre operational, admission and concession sales cannot support building restoration.
The Foundation is actively working to secure an estimated $3.5 million to complete planned restoration by 2017. That will take a community effort, but we intend to give you as many was as we can, to support the Byrd beyond direct donations.
- Follow theatre, foundation or restoration updates through: Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Subscribe by email
- AmazonSmile, Amazon shoppers can support the Byrd Theatre Foundation through.
- Live to Serve, a local startup and crowdfunding marketplace. Donate by shopping!
- Daniel Pritchett’s Byrd Theatre prints are available at Chasen Galleries.
- The Byrd Book, Celebrating The Byrd Theatre: Incredible History, Exciting Future, is a remarkable pictorial account of the Byrd’s 85 year saga on sale at the fine Richmond businesses: Bygones Vintage Clothing, Modern Artifacts, Virginia Historical Society, Library of Virginia, Valentine Richmond History Center, and Chop Suey Books
- Byrd and a Beer – Midnight Movies refreshed with a fundraising twist.
- Richmond’s Amazing Raise Campaign (Sep 16-17), also with a team in the 5k.
- Bicycle Film Festival (Sep 24-25)
- Sign up to volunteer for special events, benefits and fundraisers.
What’s next? Plenty of ideas we’re still locking down but here’s a glimpse:
- Zombie Film Festival (Tentative, October) to coincide with the Zombie Walk tradition.
- Screening Big LeBYRDski (Nov – RVA Beer Week) in partnership with our friends at COTU and our favorite brewski, benefiting restoration.